Five second breathing
The Quick Coherence Technique
When you find yourself stressed, use the Quick Coherence Technique as soon as you can, just for a few minutes, or whatever’s needed to help shorten the time that the experience of stressful emotions have on your energy. It will help:
- To prepare our mind and body to perform exceptionally
- To intercept stress before it affects you
- To manage emotions
- To renew energy
- Focus your attention on the area around your heart
- Start the Rhythmic breathing – notice your breath coming in and out through your heart. Breathe In for 5 seconds and out for 5 seconds
- Activate a positive thought and continue for a few minutes.
Use this technique as many times as you like during the day, for a few minutes at a time to take you from the survival and burnout zone to the performance and renewal zone.